LAST UPDATED: MAY 25, 2016
The Properties are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that such individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Properties.
Personal Information We May Collect
Two types of information are collected in connection with the Properties: Personal Information and Other Information. "Personal Information" is information that identifies you as an individual. "Other Information" is any information that does not reveal your specific identity. Other Information is addressed separately below, under the heading "OTHER INFORMATION".
We and our third-party service providers may collect the following Personal Information from you:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Credit and debit card number
We and our third-party service providers collect Personal Information through the Properties, for example, when you participate in various opportunities provided through the Properties, such as:
- When you purchase a product or make a request.
- When you register for newsletters or other communications through the Properties.
- When you participate in a contest, promotion, sweepstakes, survey or other promotion through the Properties.
- When you participate in a blog or forum.
How We May Use Personal Information
We and our third-party service providers may use Personal Information:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send newsletters to you or to provide you with information about our products and services.
- To send to you administrative information, including information regarding the properties and changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- To complete and fulfill your purchase, for example, to process your payments, have your order delivered to you, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service.
- To send to you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you (including, without limitation, by our third-party service providers that send direct mail, email, and other types of advertising, such as display advertising or sponsored advertising on the properties or other properties, to those whose email addresses we have collected).
- To personalize your experience on the properties by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing the properties, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public or government authorities, including public or government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates or artists; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of our affiliates, our artists, you or others; or (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- We may combine personal information that you submit on or through the properties with information that we collect from and about you from other online and offline sources, including from our own websites, web properties and third-party sources, which may include social media services you interact with through our properties. we treat such combined information as personal information as long as it is so combined.
How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- To our third-party service providers who provide services such as hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing, auditing and other similar services to enable them to provide such services.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding).
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public or government authorities, including public or government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of our affiliates, you or others; or (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Properties or otherwise to us.
Other Information We May Collect
We and our third-party service providers may collect Other Information (defined above), such as:
- Browser and device information
- Mobile App usage data
- Server log files
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies.
- Geographic location information
- Demographic information and other non-personally identifiable information provided by you
- Information about how you use the Properties
- Aggregated information
We and our third-party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or your device: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, device type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version, Internet browser type and version and the type and version of a Property that you are using. We and our service providers may also collect a unique device identifier assigned by us or our service providers to the device from which you are accessing a Property and other transactional information for the device that we and our service providers may use to serve content to the device.
- Through your use of Mobile Apps: When you download and use a Mobile App, we and our service providers may track and collect Mobile App usage data, such as the date and time the Mobile App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the Mobile App based on your device number.
- Through server log files: An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is automatically assigned to your device from which you are accessing a Property by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), and is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Property, along with the time of the visit and the activity on the Property. We and our service providers use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating Property usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, administering the Properties and determining your approximate geographic location.
- If your device stores Flash LSOs, and if you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your device through which you access the Properties, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage.
- The use of these technologies allows our vendors and third parties and their vendors to deliver advertisements about our products and services, and the products and services of others, when you use the Properties or other applications or visit websites or web properties across the Internet. These parties may place so-called "pixel tags," "web beacons," "clear GIFs" or similar technologies on the device through which you access the Properties, and other applications or websites across the Internet, and also place or recognize third-party cookies when you use the Properties, or other applications, websites or web properties. These vendors may use information about your visits to the Properties, and other applications, websites or web properties (excluding your name, address, and telephone number) to provide advertisements for us and others about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
- From you: We may collect demographic information, such as your zip code or gender, as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication, when you voluntarily provide this information to us. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Properties.
- Information about how you interact on the Properties: We may collect information about how you interact on the Properties. For example, some Properties may utilize analytic tools to help us better serve you through improved products, services, and revisions to the Properties. This collected information may let us know which services and features you are using the most within a Property, as well as device type and hardware features, country and language of download, etc.
How We May Use and Disclose Other Information
Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use it as described in "How We May Collect Other Information" section above, as well as for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we combine any Other Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
We seek to use reasonable physical, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data security system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
PERSONAL INFORMATION AND CORRESPONDENCE
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name or e-mail address. You may, however, visit our site anonymously. When you contact us via Email, we will use your name and email address to reply to your questions. Your message may be kept in an electronic folder for future reference. When you place an order with us you may provide us with the minimum amount information required to process your order.